These private guided days are tailored to meet the specific aims of an individual or small group. Whether you have had your eye on a certain mountain but not sure of the best route to the top and back, or maybe you want to try to summit by a more interesting route? A guide leading the way who has the experience, knowledge of the local area and conditions is an invaluable resource.
Classic Winter Outings
Being based in Fort William there are many mountainous areas that can be easily accessed. Below are some examples of what is on our doorstep:
- Ben Nevis via Carn Mor Dearg and the CMD arete.
- The Ring of Steal, Mamores , Glen Nevis
- The Grey Corries, Ben Nevis area
- The Aonach Eagach, Glen Coe (a technical ridge)
- Curved ridge onto Buachaille Etive Mor, Glen Coe ( a technical ridge)
- Ben Starav horseshoe, Glen Etive hills
- South and North Glen Shiel ridges.
Other excellent routes:
- Ben Nevis
- The Mamores, Glen Nevis
- Aonach Beag and Aonach Mor, Ben Nevis area
- Glen Coe Munros
- Glen Etive Munros
- Creag Meagaidh range, Loch Laggan
- Ben Alder (2 days minimum, over night in bothy)
The above routes are there to give inspiration of what is on offer in the local area. If you have any other mountains or areas in mind then feel free to suggest them.
The technical ridges would require climbing equipment and would be led on a 1:2 ratio by an appropriately qualified mountain instructor.
All of the above routes are subject to weather and avalanche conditions and plans may need to be changed at short notice in view of this.